Long Term Care is the provision of personal and nursing care for people who are unable to look after themselves without some form of help for the foreseeable future. The provision of long term care is a growing area and requires specialist advice from a qualified long term care adviser. It applies to conditions which are only likely to get worse, as opposed to acute care which is required for the short-term and will relieve the underlying condition.
Long term care may be provided in your own home or in a residential or nursing care home. If you are already concerned with a relative's Professional Care Fees advice or financial planning, it is important to understand what state benefits are available (including NHS Continuing Healthcare, Disability Living Allowance, Carer's Allowance).
As a Diploma qualified financial adviser based in Solihull, with specific qualifications in long term care advice I offer a local and friendly service to deal with the financial impact of long term care for you or your relative in Solihull, Birmingham, West Midlands, Warwickshire or Worcestershire areas. I can provide the following help for long term care advice:
- Explain the current long term care system, whether you or a relative requires long term care in England, Scotland or Wales.
- Remove any anxiety, confusion or distress you may be experiencing.
- Understand, in simple terms, all the care fee funding options available including NHS Continuing Healthcare and care fee annuities.
- Calculate your shortfall in care fees after first checking you are receiving all the State benefits you are entitled to.
- Provide you and your family with clear and precise reports before proceeding with any long term care plan.